Saturday, December 14, 2013

Olivia's "Mommy Must-Haves"

Last weekend, I went to a baby shower for a woman in my ward at Church. She is having a baby girl pretty soon now, and the other moms and I had a blast telling her all about giving birth and everything that comes with being a mother. I felt inclined to Facebook message her later and tell her about a few items that have been huge life-savers for me.

I guess basically all of essentials I have listed are for the breastfeeding mom. But there are many other things you will find will work for you that might not work for someone else. In all honesty, I would not buy much before the baby comes except the obvious (some clothes, blankets, burp clothes, a bed of some sort, and of COURSE diapers and wipes) and see what you need as it comes. Dalin and I hardly spent a thing on stuff for Tenley. We were given plenty of hand-me-downs, gifts, and LOTS of clothes and blankets from adoring grandmothers and great grandmothers. We basically found out that we would be buying lots of diapers and wipes. Don't buy something just because a baby website says you need it. There's a good chance you might never need many of the must-haves they suggest! 

What was a major must-have for your son or daughter? 
Anything Hillary and I didn't cover?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Enjoy...